Daniel V. Martinez Partner
Real Estate • Contracts • Business
Dan joined the Yuba City office of McDonough Holland & Allen PC in 1991. He is one of the five partners in the McDonough spin-off of Martinez Hayes Hyatt & Hill LLP. Dan's practice focuses on real estate and business transactions. His real estate practice includes the negotiation and documentation of real estate acquisitions and sales, leases, loans, secured transactions, and other real estate based transactions. He assists residential and commercial developers acquiring property; in leasing of property, including industrial, office and retail leasing; and in the commercial and residential development of real property. Dan's business practice includes structuring and choice of entity planning in connection with business formations, shareholder and partner buyouts, acquisition and sale of equity interests in all forms of entities, and reorganization and business dispositions or dissolutions of corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Director, Bank of Feather River
- Past Chairman of the Board and Trustee, Sutter North Medical Foundation
- Past President and Director, Yuba-Sutter United Way
- Committee Member, Yuba-Sutter Pink October
- Member, State Bar of California – Real Property Section
- Member, Yuba-Sutter County Bar Association
- Represented seller in $4.8 million stock sale and spin-off of real property.
- Represented seller/developer in $80 million option and sale of subdivided parcel of real property to residential home builder.
- Represented seller/developer in $6.5 million development project.
- Represented contractor/landlord in $22 million commercial lease transaction with national tenant and formed LLC for landlord.
- Represented seller/developer in $20 million commercial/retail development project and review of commercial lease with national tenant.
- Represented buyer in formation of limited liability partnership and acquisition of agricultural and development potential real estate valued at $25 million.
- Represented property owner/shareholders in creation of buy-sell agreement for real property valued at $12.7 million.
- Represented shareholders in buy-out of minority shareholder for business interest valued at $3 million, and formation of limited liability company and creation of buy-sell agreement.
- 2006-2009 Best Attorney of Yuba-Sutter Counties (Appeal Democrat)
- 2006 Grace Parker Clement Award for Community Board Service
- 2001 The Nancy Ferreira Leadership Award
- 1996 President's Award, Yuba-Sutter United Way
- 1996 received Proclamations from City of Yuba City and City of Marysville for efforts in bringing the Olympic Torch Relay to the Yuba-Sutter Community
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
State Bar of California, 1986
U.S. District Court,
Eastern & Northern Districts of California
University of California,
Boalt Hall School of Law J.D., 1985
University of California, Davis
B.A., International Relations, 1982