Hon. Thomas L. Hill (Ret.)
Judge Hill has over 43 years of civil trial attorney experience, representing the interests of plaintiffs as well as defendants, with clients ranging from individuals to large corporations. He has spent more than 20 years serving as a neutral mediator, arbitrator, and reference in civil litigation matters.
Prior to returning to his private ADR practice, Judge Hill served as a Sutter County Superior Court Judge where he heard a full range of legal matters including, but not limited to, civil and criminal law and motion, felony criminal and civil jury and non-jury trials, writs seeking extraordinary relief, family law matters, juvenile matters, and trust and estate matters.
Judge Hill has conducted and/or presided over more than 1,600 mediations and/or arbitrations on a wide variety of cases throughout Northern California since leaving the Bench.
Judge Hill is currently a partner in the law firm of Martinez Hayes & Hill LLP located at 471 Century Park Drive, Suite C, Yuba City, California. He conducts mediations and arbitrations at this address and will travel to locations most convenient to the parties to provide his services. He has routinely provided ADR services in 12 Northern California counties spanning Sacramento County to Siskiyou County.
- Commercial and personal injury litigation
- Real estate disputes
- Employment disputes
- Environment disputes
- Construction disputes
- Trust and estate disputes
- Partnership dissolutions
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Yuba-Sutter County Bar Association
- AV Rating with Martindale-Hubbell 20 plus years
- Northern California SuperLawyers-ADR
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1971
- California State University, San Francisco, M.B.A., 1968
- University of California, Davis, B.A., Political Science, 1965
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of California, 1972
- All State Courts in California